Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: What good are the "contact us" buttons
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> What good are the "contact us" buttons

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Flyingifr

AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/14 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

on a campground's website when they simply never respond?

Here are the facts: We are new to RV-ing. We own a 1988 Bounder and have a Golden Lab dog. Many campgrounds say on their website that because of the age of our RV we need their approval to enter their campground. I am not about to drive my RV hundreds of miles just to be told "no" so I send an email asking. The universal response I get is SILENCE - no response.

I call and leave a message. Once again... no response.

Many campgrounds pet pages prohibit a pet from being left alone in a site. I e-mail asking if this means if I bring my pet I cannot leave my campsite to see the area? No response.

Needless to say, I don't go to campgrounds that won't answer a simple question.

OK, veterans - what's the answer? How do you get them to respond to questions? Or is asking a question the sign of an unwanted "troublemaker"?

amandasgramma

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/14 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My answer is to mark them off your "go to" list......... You can't make them respond, their profit will be reflected when they have no one coming to their park. Generally, I feel most places have a clerk that is supposed to answer e-mails, and may not care or have the knowledge, therefore, no answer. Good luck! BTW -- I call most of the time, and if I leave a msg and don't have an answer within 4 hours (at the most), I write them off. You want my money, then your customer service starts the minute I call. I've never seen an RV park so busy that they can't answer phones.......eventually.

Sandia Man

Rio Rancho, NM

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/14 08:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Probably best to just find another park if they don't respond to e-mail or voicemail. Only times we didn't get through to someone at a particular park usually meant that it was a small potatoes operation run entirely by a couple of people who didn't care to return calls or e-mails. These older parks usually have many long-term residents and just a few spots for those seeking a night or two stay.

Private parks are always our last choice when visiting an area as we prefer federal, state, and county campgrounds whenever they are available. Rules against older RVs is uncalled for in most cases as many of these rigs have been well cared for, it's absurd to drive a distance to see if your rig makes the cut so to speak. Can't comment on the pet issue as we leave our dogs home unless we are boondocking where they can run free.

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/14 08:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First, I don't email. Second, I call during business hours and haven't had any problems.

I know that some parks don't want broken down hulks polluting the landscape but will waive the requirement if the rig is in decent shape.

As for the pets, we leave our two dogs alone all the time while we sight-see. I'm not aware of the 'don't leave pets alone policy'. Here is KOA's official policy, for example:

"Some visitors enjoy sharing the pleasures of camping with their dogs or cats. To ensure that all guests have a safe and enjoyable experience, KOA has established some guidelines.

Call ahead. Check with the campground about its specific pet policies. Some don't allow pets in Cabins, for example, or may have limited pet units. Others don't accept particular breeds that insurance providers have identified as having a history of aggression.

Bring your helper. Service dogs are welcomed at all KOA Kampgrounds. (Leash and aggressive behavior rules apply.)

Good behavior is required. Dogs of any breed that are hostile or aggressive will be asked to leave the campground, along with their owners.

Bring the leash. Dogs must be kept on leashes no longer than 6 feet when outside their owners' vehicles or rental units. Do not leave a tethered dog unattended.

Remember manners. Constant barking bothers other campers. If your pet is too vocal, you'll need to find other accommodations."

You'll notice no mention of leaving a pet alone inside a rig.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler

Jack_Diane_Freedom

Milton Ontario Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/14 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would think the 'leaving a pet alone inside a rig' would correspond to 'constant barking'. At least in my overall experience.

Flyingifr

AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/14 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's what I am talking about:

RV age policy from Islander RV Resort (Lake Havasu City AZ): No RVs older than 10 years unless approved by management are allowed.

Comment: Just how do I get this approval without the 400 mile round trip needed to get there, and what do I do if the approval is not given once I get there?

Pet Policy from Oasis RV Resort (Las Vegas NV): 8.Dogs must be accompanied by owners and under voice command/control at all times inside the Resort and/or the Pet Park.

I interpret this as saying the dog and I must be together at all times - I cannot leaver her in my RV and leave the park.

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/14 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Flyingifr wrote:

Here's what I am talking about:
Pet Policy from Oasis RV Resort (Las Vegas NV): 8.Dogs must be accompanied by owners and under voice command/control at all times inside the Resort and/or the Pet Park.

I interpret this as saying the dog and I must be together at all times - I cannot leaver her in my RV and leave the park.

I doubt you will find any RV park...private or public that doesn't have this pet policy or very similar. Most also include a lease component..

If it is followed by all campers to the strict letter is another story...

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

GMC Duramax LBZ
Komfort
Reese Dual Cam HP

lanerd

Ridgecrest CA or Newport OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/14 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A large and well known park such as lake Havasu will surely take and respond to phone calls....email response may be spotty. Maybe a 2nd phone call will be necessary...the office people do get busy at times.

And I take the word "accompanied" to mean if you "venture" around the park...not inside your rv.

Ron

Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ILS 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/14 10:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's not just campgrounds. I have had little success from any web sites that list a contact us e-mail address.

Francesca Knowles

Port Hadlock, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/14 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might have more success if you hang fire on exactly why you're calling/contacting them. Just tell 'em that you're interested in becoming a customer but have "some questions". No need to say about what until you get called back.

" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> What good are the "contact us" buttons
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS