Woodalls Open Roads Forum: WARNING ABOUT COLTON RV, WHO SELLS AT HERSHEY RV SHOW
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> WARNING ABOUT COLTON RV, WHO SELLS AT HERSHEY RV SHOW

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Onelindy25

Waretown

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/14 05:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In September 2013, I purchased a Tiffin 28' Breeze, from Colton RV, North Tonawanda, NY, at the Hershey RV Show, Hershey, PA. At the time of purchase I signed a contract that included a service contract at a cost for $8,000.00 for any maintenance issues that might occur for the next 60 months or 50,000 miles. I requested that the service contract be cancelled back in September 2013, to this date nothing has been done to refund my money. I have been contacting Banoy, the person who handles the service contracts and numerous other individuals at Colton via phone calls and letters with no results. I just want to make our RV community aware of Colton RV's practices.

Linda & George J
2014 28' Allegro Breeze

bid_time

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/14 05:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What does the contract say about cancellation and refunds?

et2

MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/14 05:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Who was responsible for the warranty? Did you contact them? The dealer didn't insure you they just pushed the paperwork and collected their commission.

Sometimes the insuring company pays the refund to you or the dealer. You need to read your contract and call the insurance you purchased it from, see if they processed if and where it sits.

Whenever we've asked for Canceling these things, the insurance company needs a letter from you. I see your a new member. Just a FYI most people here are going to see through most of these types of posts, and will require a better explanation of the situation before ever siding with you.

* This post was edited 07/10/14 05:54am by et2 *

DutchmenSport

Between Anderson, Pendleton, & Lapel, Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/14 06:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For $8,000 I would drive to the dealership and ask to talk to the manager (or whoever) and would not leave until I had a check in my hand (or the police would arrest me because I would not leave!)

DutchmenSport

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually Duramax 6.6 HD diesel
2013 Keystone Outback 298RE Travel Trailer
Equal-i-zer WD hitch system

NJRVer

NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/14 06:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

For $8,000 I would drive to the dealership and ask to talk to the manager (or whoever) and would not leave until I had a check in my hand (or the police would arrest me because I would not leave!)

X2!

JayGee

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/14 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Contact the provider not the dealer that sold it to you. Hope the contract allows you an exit, and hope it works out for you.

Ignore the negative posts, sometimes you are guilty here until proven innocent. A lot of good info and RVing advice can be found on this forum sometimes by the same people that sound negative.

Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis

kcmoedoe

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/14 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you were to go sit in the dealership and chose to wait until you got a refund check you will be sitting there a long, long time. It will clearly be written into your loan documents that any service contract refunds will be applied to the loan balance. There is never a cash refund unless the vehicle is paid off.
Also, as someone else pointed out, the dealer is just the middleman. Ay refund is going to come from the warranty company. You should be contacting them. BTW, why did you buy and cancel the warranty the same month? (as if we are going to get a responses).

WyoTraveler

Northwest, Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/14 07:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Those contracts are hard to cancel. I would put it in writing. Even then it usually takes a couple of months. I would send a letter to the dealer (main office), copy to insurance co, a copy to your state insurance commissioner, & copy to better business bureau. A quick phone call to insurance co will get cancel procedure. Usually it has to be requested through the dealer & in writing. Not verbal.
I do understand how an RVer can get oveerwhelmed at RV shows and be talked into things they didn't want. I would NEVER buy at an RV show. Walk into most dealers a month later and you can get as good or better deal. I've been RVing for about 65 years and never saw a deal at a show I couldn't beat. Shows are good to narrow selection. JMHO

2013 Monaco Monarch
2012 Jeep Wrangler
AC6CV, ex-WN8RUR, ex-W8RUR, ex-K7RIO, ex-WB6GBR since 1954
Commercial 1st class Radio Telephone, & Telegraph certificate
ARRL 35 WPM Certificate.

Wadcutter

IL

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/14 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

It's a civil matter. Nothing the police could or would do.
If the OP wants the court involved then he needs to sue.

Camped in every state but Alaska

ependydad

Columbia, MD

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/14 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wadcutter wrote:

DutchmenSport wrote:

It's a civil matter. Nothing the police could or would do.
If the OP wants the court involved then he needs to sue.

The arresting would be for trespassing after he/she was told to leave and refused.

2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Truck: 2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: B&W Turnover Ball + Companion hitch
Nights Camped: 2013: 47, 2012: 52, 2011: 28
Learning to RV, mishaps and adventures - Towing Planner - Calculators + Estimators

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> WARNING ABOUT COLTON RV, WHO SELLS AT HERSHEY RV SHOW
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS