Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Is this fair?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Is this fair?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Next
Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/14 02:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had an interesting conversation with a CG owner not long ago about who pays what & how much do they use for what they pay.

As he said, something is not right. The RV owner comes in, maybe takes a water & electric site then leaves. You would never know that he has been there because chances are he has not used the CG restrooms & has not used the CG showers both of which have to be cleaned at least once a day by somebody who has to be paid.

The tenter or small RV owner comes in, takes a cheaper tent site, which also has power & water but needs to use the restrooms & showers which have to be cleaned after his use.

Something is wrong here. It costs the CG more to host the tenter/small RV/users of the facilities than those who use their own onboard facilities yet guess who pays the higher price?

Have fun.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Randu

South Central Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/11/14 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting to think about. I'm for a flip of rate structure.
The only campground facilities that we use beyond the actual site is maybe the pool if equipped. Can't really say when I last used the shower house/bathroom facilities at a campground so its been a long while. Randu

2014 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
LB,4x4,Duramax
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

LynnandCarol

Rockport, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/11/14 02:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Overall a true statement. However, I have seen RV'ers use the showers on several occasions! Their shower could be being used in route for storage or both the DH and DW want to get ready for dinner at the same time. I am not going to hold my breath for a flip in them rates....lol

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/11/14 02:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess that the campground owner could shut everything down and just rent to the big rig guy. Just between us,you think he would lower his rates? I mean he does not have to cater to folks that are so expensive. Probably have to raise them to make up the shortfall that the lack of utility hungry small guys are causing.

tpi

Southern CA.

View Profile

I was recently in Mono Vista RV park and was given shower tokens at check in. Tent friends were not given the tokens. They appeared to do a lot of tent business there and that is how they dealt with it. Tent sites were quite a bit cheaper than RV sites there.

Don & Carolyn

Fulltiming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

We use the campground showers. We like the larger shower and we have items stored in our shower.

newman fulltimer

louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/14 02:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the park im in charges one daily or weekly rate if you want to stay you pay its simple.if you think its to high there are plenty of other parks

darsben

Central and Northern NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/11/14 02:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Veebyes wrote:

I had an interesting conversation with a CG owner not long ago about who pays what & how much do they use for what they pay.

As he said, something is not right. The RV owner comes in, maybe takes a water & electric site then leaves. You would never know that he has been there because chances are he has not used the CG restrooms & has not used the CG showers both of which have to be cleaned at least once a day by somebody who has to be paid.

The tenter or small RV owner comes in, takes a cheaper tent site, which also has power & water but needs to use the restrooms & showers which have to be cleaned after his use.

Something is wrong here. It costs the CG more to host the tenter/small RV/users of the facilities than those who use their own onboard facilities yet guess who pays the higher price?

Have fun.

Your premise is flawed. The tent camper should not use more electric than the RV owner.The RV owner can use a lot of electric having A/C, microwave, electric HW capability. I have yet to see a tent with A/C
The bathrooms are used by the tenter's and some RV owners.. The water and sewer are used by all.

Jack_Diane_Freedom

Milton Ontario Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/14 02:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tenters do not need the infrastructure required for an RV site covering water installations, sewer installations and power installations. These items would be capital expenses spread out over 10-15-20 years but still have to be paid for. Also the site 'footprint' for an RV site is larger from a tax point of view and again whether graveled or paved it is a capital expense spread out over a number of years as well as access roads.

6.7 tow rig

kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/14 02:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just wish in some parks I could get the true 30 amps of electric I pay for, not less that makes running the AC dangerous....

2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins H.O 4x4 3.73 rear end
2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318bhs

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Is this fair?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: