Woodalls Open Roads Forum: My first camping neighbor story to share!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> My first camping neighbor story to share!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Brett K

Drums, PA

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/14 09:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just got back from our second camping trip. We went to Keen Lake in PA. Of course, we drew an audience as soon as we pulled in. They must have smelled the new camper or saw the sweat on my forehead when I saw how tight the spots were. The guy came over and guided me right in. I was really appreciative and my wife didn't have to call a marriage counselor to improve our communication skills. Lol

We got to talking and I learned that our neighbors were a group of four guys on a guy retreat. I initially thought...Oh crap! This might not be a good mix as my family is two little girls and my wife. even our dog is a girl. It all started later that night. One guy stopped to visit and offered me some hard to find Canadian beers, which I gladly accepted. The next day they insisted we come over and join them in a feast of the most incredible chicken I have ever had in my life. Then the enticed us into a "corn hole tournament" followed by homemade margaritas. We shared some great campfire discussions and had a blast.there was a couple on the other side of us with kids close in age to ours. Many fish, frogs, and almost a giant snapping turtle were caught. Who would have thought that four guys on a guy retreat would have sought us out when they heard we were new to camping. They were incredibly kind and gracious and wanted nothing more than to pass along recipes and make some new friends.

All in all it was a great few days and I might some of the nicest folks I have met in a long time. We exchanged contacts and we hope to meet up with them again with their families some day. I know eventually I may have a bad neighbor story, but not this time. what a great time!

amandasgramma

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/14 09:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Excellent!!!! What a wonderful "first" experience!!!!!

loulou57

Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/14 10:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So glad to hear your experience was a good one.

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/14 10:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stories like that.....well they just reinforce the fact that by and large campers are 'good folks'

2007 RAM 3500 QC LB SRW 5.9L CTD 48re 4:10 4K in bed 'quiet genny'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
Hit the Road Debt Free & Clear April '07
Came off the road still Debt Free & Clear Jan. '14

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/14 11:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

Stories like that.....well they just reinforce the fact that by and large campers are 'good folks'
This is what I've found as well.

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/14 12:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

Old-Biscuit wrote:

This is what I've found as well.

I agree and will take it one step further. Folks like that are like that ALL THE TIME. What I call Type A personalities. A for awesome.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
1990 Bounder 27D
06 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4X4
Stowmaster 5000

down home

south

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/14 12:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We missed our trip to her Family Reunion this month. Always a very large family with several mhs and campers there. We visit them as and vise verse as we do wife's family. Almst always make one or two new RVing friends every year, there.
There's lots of nice Folks in RVs, or we would be boating instead.

noplace2

roaming

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/14 03:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No moaning? No groaning? Unheard of! Can't wait for the usual curmudgeons to show up.

You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Fish 'n ' Grits

Hollywood, SC , USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/14 04:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have WAY more stories like that one, than we have of the "bad neighbor" kind.
I think people like these are the rule, more than the exception!

Billy & Dale
'99 F350 DRW Superduty
'02 Lance 1161
Salli the "Schnoodle"

TomHaycraft

Round Rock, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/14 04:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Brett K, great story, thanks for sharing. I maintain, there are more "good people" in the world than "bad." In 2 years with this trailer and 24 trips (we get out once a month whether we need it or not!) we have only encountered one set of camping neighbors where we needed to engage the help of park rangers.

Thanks again.

2009 Silverado C1500 CrewCab - Timbrens
2013 Springdale 247FWRLLS - Reese Sidewinder - TST 507 TPMS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> My first camping neighbor story to share!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS