Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Installing a Bidet Seat in your RV
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Installing a Bidet Seat in your RV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
holstein13

Fort Lauderdale, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/14 04:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just bought a new RV and the dealer is having difficulties installing the bidet seat into the coach. The problem is that most RV commodes have a hump on the back and the bowl needs to be level near the back.

I installed a bidet seat on my last coach and the installer removed the commode and brought it to his shop where he took a bench grinder to it without cracking the bowl. The dealer is reluctant to try this method.

Does anyone have any experience adding a bidet to their toilet?

WARNING - the last time I posted about bidet seats, some readers posted very strong and negative reactions to the idea. The thread was shut down in a couple of days. Therefore, please do not post your opinions if you think this is a crazy idea.

2011 Fleetwood Storm 32BH
2011 Scion XB
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

K3WE

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/14 04:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The reactions were over the top last time.

But one word: hemmoroids.

Should you just get a wand.

Skylark

Western NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/14 05:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have just installed a bidet4me on my toilet in my motorhome. My toilet is ceramic sea something, coach is not here. It was a tight fit, but was done. The tech charged $50 labor. Have one in office, and 3 at home. I have the hot water type that attaches under the seat.

Bidet4me

holstein13

Fort Lauderdale, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/14 05:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Skylark wrote:

I have just installed a bidet4me on my toilet in my motorhome. My toilet is ceramic sea something, coach is not here. It was a tight fit, but was done. The tech charged $50 labor. Have one in office, and 3 at home. I have the hot water type that attaches under the seat.

Bidet4me

I noticed that the under seat model has a separate hot water tube. How long does it take to get warmed up? My current electric bidet has instant warm water.

As a side note, I once had the power go out in the middle of a rinse and the water kept spraying. I had to turn off the water pump. Good thing I wasn't hooked up to city water.

kennethwooster

Perryton Tx USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/14 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Really didn't know what a Bidet Seat was. Just didn't know they existed. Now I have an idea. If it works for you go for it. If I needed it I would figure a way to put it in. I have a service man in Amarillo TX that would get it installed. Good luck on getting it installed. Thanks for the input and my education.

kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

holstein13

Fort Lauderdale, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/14 09:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Goodness, I don't want to give the impression that I "need" a bidet seat for any particular reason. I just find that it does the job better than the alternative. It's a nice to have, not a need to have. I'm a big fan of these things. I have no medical conditions that would necessitate a bidet seat.

Francesca Knowles

Port Hadlock, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/14 11:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

holstein13 wrote:

Francesca Knowles wrote:

Why not just go back and look through that thread?

Thanks Francesca, I read every comment of that thread and it doesn't have the information I'm looking for. I'm actually looking for experience on how to install the seat when the commode has a raised back to it. Do you have any useful experience to share?

Guess you misunderstood my suggestion; I thought you might contact some of the folks that posted there saying they themselves had bidets, in hopes they could give you some pointers.

If that's not "useful", then I've got nothin' as I've never attempted what you propose.

" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

holstein13

Fort Lauderdale, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/14 11:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Francesca Knowles wrote:

holstein13 wrote:

Francesca Knowles wrote:

Why not just go back and look through that thread?

Thanks Francesca, I read every comment of that thread and it doesn't have the information I'm looking for. I'm actually looking for experience on how to install the seat when the commode has a raised back to it. Do you have any useful experience to share?

Guess you misunderstood my suggestion; I thought you might contact some of the folks that posted there saying they themselves had bidets, in hopes they could give you some pointers.

If that's not "useful", then I've got nothin' as I've never attempted what you propose.

Thanks, yes, I re-read your suggestion and was editing my comment. It's a good suggestion. I'll go back and try. But a lot of folks have their P.M. turned off for some reason.

Skylark

Western NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/14 12:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

holstein13 wrote:

Skylark wrote:

Bidet4me

I noticed that the under seat model has a separate hot water tube. How long does it take to get warmed up? My current electric bidet has instant warm water.

As a side note, I once had the power go out in the middle of a rinse and the water kept spraying. I had to turn off the water pump. Good thing I wasn't hooked up to city water.

In the house, have hot recirculating, in mh have insta hot.

YC 1

Yuba City Calif./ Auburndale Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/14 01:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My resolution

We have a Macerator toilet and no seat seems to fit. This is our solution. I had to cut the mounting arm off a bit and then attached it with Velcro. Adding the water tank warmer sure makes the wife happy.

On a couple of occasions friends have pulled the lever instead of pushing the nice lit blue buttons. I tell them it is for brushing our teeth.

There is another model with a flexible hose and valve that is velcroed in a convenient place but they are poorly built and two of them have leaked. The one shown is top quality.

H/R Endeavor 2008
2013 Ford Edge toad
Full Timers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Installing a Bidet Seat in your RV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts