Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Camping world thief
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Camping world thief

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
calamus

Burwell Ne

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/14 04:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking for a little advice. Had to leave my RV at Camping World in Albuquerque for some repairs (big slide wouldn't extend). Was told it was going to take a while to get the parts. We are full time with no S&B but luckily we had some relatives approx. 200 miles away that we could stay with. Stuffed what we could in the toad and entrusted our home to Camping World.
When we got our RV back we discovered that all our camera/video equipment and guitar were missing. We reached out to Camping World to let them know about this and all they told us was that they are not liable. Funny side note, they also told us that they had no service techs that played guitar so it couldn't have been them.
My question is what does everybody do with their stuff when they have to get their RV repaired? Do you unload the entire RV and put it all in storage?
Also what action should I take against Camping World. Seriously all they would say is that they are not liable. They didn't care that stuff was missing. There was seriously not a single concern on their part that anything was missing other than me understanding that they are not liable. THIS IS NOT ME. PULLED IT OFF OF Facebook "LIVING THE RV DREAM" PAGE.

* This post was edited 08/20/14 04:59pm by calamus *

2003 Chevy Duramax 2008 Sundance 2014 22'SSX bennington pontoon

n7bsn

Yes

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/14 04:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most RV service firms have a similar policy, if this policy would actually get them off in a court test may be another questions

2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/14 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unfortunately......they will not be liable.

We FT'd.......rig was in for repairs at factory for 3 days. and several yrs later in for 3 days of repairs at an independent shop.

Both times.....we took all personal valuables & important papers. Everything else stayed in 5vr.

If anything HAD come up missing.....that's what I carried 'full coverage home owners insurance policy' for.
As a FTnr......should have an insurance policy on your 'home' just like one that you should have/had on your S&B House.

2007 RAM 3500 QC LB SRW 5.9L CTD 48re 4:10 4K in bed 'quiet genny'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
Hit the Road Debt Free & Clear April '07
Came off the road still Debt Free & Clear Jan. '14

robatthelake

Vancouver Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/14 04:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd say that You have pretty much taken all the action that You can take and that the issue of liability as stated by Camping World is what it is!

Not what You or anyone in Your position ever wants to hear!

The World has changed into a Not Such a Nice Place as it used to be!

Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

calamus

Burwell Ne

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/14 04:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree not the same world it pisses me off that CW let this******happen I enjoy shopping there but I dont know if I would ever take my 5th wheel there for service again after my experience and reading others. I would think they would want to nip this quickly and do some back ground checks on employees but you cant get cheap help then I guess

guidry

southern california

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/14 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

File a police report and hopefully they do an investigation and interview all the employees (hopefully). Insurance from CW should be contacted as well as your own. Whether they are not liable or not, there was a theft on their property and they must have insurance.

Ranger Smith

Wherever the rig is parked

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/14 05:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check the local pawn shops. The stuff is probably at one of them.

Where We Are Now

Amateur Radio Operator KK9W ARRL VE FT DX2000

Steve and Joy
2011 Jayco Pinnacle 35 LKTS
2014 Ford F 350 Lariat Dually Camper Package
Cooper . . . The Aussie-Doodle, Yogi . . . The Yorkie, Cookie . . . The Chiuaiua

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/14 05:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It depends. If they left your RV unlocked during the the whole time it was in storage awaiting parts then I would say that's gross negligence - because a normal prudent person would have locked it.
If that is the case (and they will admit it) then they are liable.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2004 Forest River 25RKS many, many mods.
POS H0NDA eu2000i

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/14 05:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I sure would hold them responsible. it was on their lot and in their possession. it is their dollar to replace your items. period.

sdianel

Tampa, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/14 05:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We don't leave our RV if they are ordering parts, unless the RV can't be driven. We stay in a nearby RV park until the parts come in. Once they receive the parts and are ready to work on it, if it's going to take more than one day, we stay at night in a nearby hotel and take our valuables with us. During the day when they are working on it, we hang out at the customer lounge and therefore can check on the status of the repair. We have been to many RV facilities where they either complete the work in one day or they pull the RV out of the bay and allow us to spend the night. These companies really care about their customers and understand full timers.

Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Camping world thief
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts