Woodalls Open Roads Forum: What is the dumbest thing you have seen while on the road?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What is the dumbest thing you have seen while on the road?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Next
Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/14 09:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sure this list could be endless but my personal favorite, frequently seen (saw it again today, twice), are the chuckleheaded passengers with their (usually), bare feet crossed up on the dash. Gee, I wonder how long it will take their knees to go back through their teeth when the air bag deploys?

Gonzo42

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/14 10:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh, believe me, I've seen some amazingly stupid things. The one that I've seen countless times is a car with a mattress on top held by a piece of string with the front of the mattress bent up in the wind. Sometimes there are hands trying to hold it down, too.

MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M_B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles.

Gonzo42

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/14 11:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another one:

I used to commute to work by bicycle once a week during the summer. It took 1 hr 45 min to get to work, and 2 hr 15 min to get home because I took a safer, longer route home.

So I'm riding along on the right side (correct per CA law) and this little girl is coming right at me (on her left, by the way). Her helmet is hanging on her handlebar, she has her music machine plugged into her ears, and she's weaving in and out of the parked cars.

I estimated her life expectancy at 30 days. Sad.

down home

south

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/14 12:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BWe had a car cut us off and nearly caused us to wreck. We caught up with it a bit later. A guy was driving, nearly laying down with his knees steering, at 80MPH plus. I don't know how he was pressing the gas pedal. Maybe his passenger was doing it. It was hard to tell as he appeared to be lying down.

westend

all over

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/14 12:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Saw an older motorhome on a freeway exit dumping tanks into a storm sewer drain. He must have filled the black tank too full and thought that using the handy storm sewer opening was a godsend.

'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

John&Joey

Some Location

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/14 05:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A class A leaving the park and forgetting to hook his car up.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/14 05:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Desert Captain wrote:

I'm sure this list could be endless but my personal favorite, frequently seen (saw it again today, twice), are the chuckleheaded passengers with their (usually), bare feet crossed up on the dash. Gee, I wonder how long it will take their knees to go back through their teeth when the air bag deploys?

Don't forget the passengers who have both feet out the window.

et2

MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/14 05:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Desert Captain wrote:

That's nothing. Wait until you see the driver with the left on the dash or out the window, and yes I have, more than once. Usually it's a very young person. I can't understand it being comfortable at all, yet safe.

What's a chucklehead?

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/14 06:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All of which proves yet again that the only resource we human beings truly have in unlimited abundance is stupidity.

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/14 06:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As Albert Eistein was quoted,

"There are two things that are boundless, the universe and human stupidity and I am not certain about the universe."

Matt

Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dog going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What is the dumbest thing you have seen while on the road?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS